I've been out all weekend going to parties etc (a 21st on Friday and a leaving party on Saturday followed by dinner with the family on Sunday). They were all actually super fun and it's really the first time in a long time that I could go out on the weekend and not worry about going to work the next day which is nice. Sarah's leaving party was good but I didn't stay too long, on account of my restricted license and that I didn't really know anyone there. It was then that it kinda hit me that though I'm leaving soon she's leaving sooner. She left this afternoon for Denmark but from what she told me on Saturday she has a lot of stops and transfers and whatnot. Luckily for me I only have one. Sarah, if you're reading this, good luck and god speed.
I finally also have a vague plan of what I'm doing in the first 2 weeks of my trip. I'm spending the week in Vancouver doing the touristy things and then going on a train cross country to Toronto where I'll be meeting my sister and possibly my cousin for a bit of a family reunion and then traveling with my sister down to Niagara Falls and possibly going to visit a relative who I still have no idea who it is. We'll then come back up to Toronto cos Orientation week starts on the 25th for the whole week and then the week after I actually start studying. I'll probably be kinda rusty after not having to do it for like, 3 months or so... so yeah, that's the plan as far as I know.
I also bought some travel guides to Toronto and Vancouver which will give me some ideas of what to do with my time so I don't waste any of it. Hopefully they'll be worth the price I paid for it...talk about extortionist prices. Gosh. If anything though they'll probably be a good souvenir of my adventure.
So I started to pack up all my things into boxes yesterday when I realised I didn't have any to put all my stuff in. So off I went to my local stationer looking to buy some boxes in which I could fit all of my worldly possessions. You'd think they'd be pretty inexpensive right? Wrong. Extortionists, the lot of 'em! It also started raining on the way to the car so the ink on my pretty blue boxes started running and I became 'Simon partially blue hand' which didn't make me feel much better, especially after all the money I forked out on those boxes.
So anyway, I get home and make up box number 1 which is right now holding my books/ folders from High School along with a lot of other paper. After filling said box I go to pick it up to move it (as you do) and the bottom totally falls out causing all of my stuff to fall onto the floor. Frickin' boxes. This was the one that bore the brunt of the rain as I was walking to the car so it got super wet, well, not super wet but wetter than the others. The sacrificial box so to speak. I had to go into the garage and find some tape to tape up my box but the stuff that I found didn't really hold it together too well. I was totally over it by then so I just wrote a note on it to anyone who wants to move it when I'm gone. You've officially been warned. So anyway, I guess the moral of the story is that rain (or water in general) is the natural enemy of the cardboard box.
All the other boxes are fine though. They're holding everything that they're supposed to but when I was picking them up I held them by the bottom just in case.
Who knew pretty much everything I own could fit into four boxes?
Below are pictures of how my room is right now. It looks pretty much the same cos most of the stuff that I packed away was hidden in drawers anyway. (click pics to enlarge)
1 - The boxes which hold most of my stuff
2- My noticeboard which has finally been cleared
3 - That's where all my DVD's were
4 - Contained a lot of random stuff. Past exam papers, payslips, work stuff etc.
Oh, and you can also kinda see the 'Mac's Brewery' sign that I stole from work (underneath No. 2). People kept looking at me weirdly when I took it home on the bus.
1 - This is where all my Uni books/ folders were. Also, the drawers underneath the TV have also been cleared out as well as the drawers of the brown desk by the door.
I've also cleared out my t-shirt drawer. There are quite a few which I forgot that I had including 'Without Me It's Just Aweso'. A lot of them are too big for me now so I'm having problems trying to sort out what to do with them. The problem is that I mostly like them i.e. what is on them but probably wouldn't wear them again. I took photo's of all of them so if I end up giving them away or whatever then I have them cataloged and whatnot. I WAS going to take photo's of me wearing them but it would have taken too long, what with the setting up of my tripod/ setting the self timer every time (my camera only gives you a choice of 2 seconds or 10 seconds the latter is too long and 2 seconds isn't long enough). All of them are all crinkly mostly cos they've just been sitting in my drawer for a long, long time. They also kinda smell so I'm gonna wash 'em before I do anything with them. I'll also post photo's somewhere/ sometime. Probably on Facebook.
Oh, yeah, I also traded in my NZD for CAD the other day. The exchange rate isn't ideal but it's not the worst. When I changed it was like 0.7347 CAD to $1 NZD so like, $1 CAD is roughly = to $1.30 NZD.
Right, I think that's all. Thanks for sticking with me throughout the ranting about boxes etc.
6 days left.

No comments:
Post a Comment