I didn't really have a plan for today but there were a few things that I wanted to see and/or do. Tim Horton's was the first. My sister told me to go but the first time I went I kinda freaked out and just left. Well, I didn't really freak out, it was just that I didn't know what to order or do. But anyway, I went in this morning and actually left really happy. I think I'll go back tomorrow.
I also wanted to see the Gastown steam clock which is one of the big attractions in the city. It was pretty impressive. Steam comes out of it the whole time but it makes noises every 15 minutes. I was lucky enough to stumble upon it just a few minutes before it made noises etc.
Chinatown was next on the list. Gastown and Chinatown are pretty close together but I somehow managed to end up walking along the back streets between the two districts. I saw a lot of what you'd expect to see in that kinda area and I was kinda getting freaked out. Anyway, I spent most of the day wandering around Chinatown which appeared to be mostly Chinese grocers, all of which were selling pretty much the same thing and from what I could tell, pretty much the same price. I was totally ready to speak the little Cantonese I knew but everyone was speaking English or looking at me like a tourist... I also went to the Dr Sun Yat-Sen park which was really nice (and free) but I also went to the Garden which actually cost money. The Garden was also nice, albeit but less interesting.
The Vancouver Lookout (which I suppose is Vancouver's answer to the Skytower) was a good way to get my bearings of the city and the way I found the Marine building. The Lookout is cheaper though ($13) but that's like, an all day pass which is a lot more than I can say for my old workplace.
I've also noticed that I've been having to use my map less and less now. Everything is becoming more familiar which is great. Especially considering that I'm leaving in a few days.... but hopefully, I'll be able to map out downtown Toronto in the same amount of time or even less . That'll mean that by the time Uni starts I wont have to waste valuable study time getting lost!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment