Thursday, August 7, 2008

I should be packing right now....

But instead I'm writing this post. Don't get me wrong, I've STARTED packing but I have absolutely no idea what to take and I have a feeling the pack that I bought may be slightly too small for all my stuff. Or is it? Maybe I'm just taking too much stuff? Who knows. Not me. I've only done this once before - about four years ago when I went on a school trip to Japan which was only for 2 weeks. This time around I'm going for 6 months so I'm not too sure if I have enough or not cos it seems that I'm taking more or less the same amount of stuff as i did when I went to Japan. Also, I planned on buying stuff in Canada as I need it (i.e. shoes, jackets etc) mainly cos I didn't want to buy it here and then waste the space in my relatively small pack plus the stuff over there would hopefully be better fitted to their environment. This means I would also have to bring back another bag full of stuff. Either that or wear all the excess stuff on the plane back. I also just realised that I don't have room for my toiletries so now I am doubly screwed. I guess it's true what they say about packing stuff. I should probably be more strategic and calculating and not wing it like I normally do things.

Any advice?

Oh, and I'm also leaving in 1 and a half days. Woop woop. I dunno, it's just starting to feel like it's just gonna be a normal day. Therefore I'm not overly excited about it. Well, I AM excited about going overseas and whatnot but I guess it's just the actual day of the leaving doesn't feel too special.

I had my leaving party last night too. It was pretty much awesome and it was good to see all my Uni friends before I leave but there were a few notable absences which kinda made me sad. They were probably the people I would have wanted to see the most before I go (sorry if anyone who was there last night is reading this (does ANYONE read this?? ahahaha)) but I guess that's how things happen right?

Anyway, I suppose I should get back to it. This thing ain't gonna pack itself. As much as I want it to...

No comments:

Post a Comment