Friday, August 15, 2008
Whistler: no clouds, no wind, just sun
Holy crap Whistler was hot! I couldn't tell just how hot is was on the bus there, mostly on account of the air conditioning (if you're thinking that I've been traveling in style, I haven't. I was on a Greyhound bus). Apparently it was about 31 degrees and with hardly any wind and no clouds at all you could feel every degree of it. So much so that I decided to cut my trip short by a few hours (also because there was nothing much to do around there). I mean, the place is beautiful - I would expect nothing less from the primary location for the Winter Olympics but it's not really for me I guess. There's a lot of extreme sports to take part in, plus a lot of fine dining restaurants but that's not really my scene. I suppose I would have also stayed longer though if the weather was cooler, and if you didn't have to pay extra for everything. This is why I really preferred Grouse Mountain. Y'know, besides the altitude sickness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment