Saturday, July 12, 2008

Leaving party/ It's been a long day....

I'm not sure how to describe today. It was pretty long. Filled with a lot of tears, laughter and memories. It was my Grandmothers funeral so emotions were kinda running high as you can probably expect at any funeral. I was utterly surprised at how many people turned up actually. Everyone kept saying they were expecting anywhere between 100 and 150 people and thats exactly the number that came. Well, I don't know exact numbers but there was standing room only when the service started. All of us grandkids had to speak at the service thanks to a certain person. It was a good thing to do though, as much as we all kinda joked about it.

But yeah, there was something that I forgot to say in my little speech (I pretty much winged it but I had a few main points I wanted to cover). I'm gonna take the opportunity to say it here. Feel free to skip to the next paragraph (it's much more uplifting I promise!). When I was younger I always thought she'd be around. Even when she went into hospital I thought she'd muster up the strength and the willingness to make it through. I suppose now there'll always be something missing in my life. She'd taken care of me ever since I was born and now she's gone. But I know that she affected so many people and that showed in the amount of people who were at the service today. A lot of whom I hadn't seen for a very long time or ever before. So I guess the one good thing to come out of this is that it brought us all together again which unfortunately only seems to happen at the saddest times. Ok, thats about it and then some.

Right, sorry about that. Let's move on to something more positive shall we? I've finally organised my leaving party and people are actually coming! Not that I'm super surprised but its just gonna be exciting to see people again. Granted my party isn't till August 7 but it'll be good to see people again. I initially had issues with whether or not to invite people from high school. People I've known for a while but haven't talked to/ seen for more than a year. I invited them but so far only one has replied and she can't make it. I'm not getting my hopes up though, plus I've kinda distanced myself from them quasi-unintentionally (is that a word?). I dunno, it just kinda happened that way..... I've got a lot more friends now but somehow I can't help but wonder if this will happen when I leave University/ work too..... I hope not. Or else I'll consider myself cursed.

Ok, fine, that last paragraph kinda went downhill a bit. A bit emoish but hey, it's been a long day alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment