Ok, so today was pretty anti-climactic. I guess I was just my expectations were too high. But I mean, I've been there for almost four years now, couldn't they have got me a cake or something?? Well, I don't mean to make it sound as if I didn't get anything but surely I'm worth more than a bottle of wine, some glasses and a t-shirt! But it's ok, I just thought I'd get something more is all... Other than that though it was a pretty uneventful day ( I guess I had high expectations for that too) - there was no major goodbye thing, just a 'good luck' / 'have fun' etc from people as they were leaving or as I left. Maybe it might be because I'm coming back and not moving there permanently. I don't know.
In any case, I now have no job. I kinda have no identifiable feeling about it, it just feels like I'll be back next week. Just habit I suppose. I'm guessing I'll start to miss it sooner or later. The people though, not so much the place.
I managed to get flights! And pretty cheap too. It took about two hours though but it was fine (my agent was really nice, if you get my drift ahaha). But yeah, I managed to get my flights cheaper than when I went looking for them a few weeks ago (like, $600ish difference). Also accommodation is sorted in Vancouver for a week but there's a week or so after that 7 days where I have no idea where I'll be/ where I'll stay. Thats kinda worrying but I guess I'll do what I do best. Wing it.
It's 2 weeks today that I leave! There's not many things left to do now, just any little things that I need before I leave. Travel insurance is the only major thing and that's more or less taken care of. I still also need to choose my papers for next semester/year and thats about it.
I'm still freakin' out. I'll probably be freaking out every day until I come back home.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment