Only two shifts at work which stands between me and unemployment (yay?) I'm not sure where my money will come from now but when I leave I'll get all my annual leave paid out which, according to my calculations will be around $2700. That'll maybe cover 95% of my airfare (which I haven't really sorted out yet.....).
So yeah, after about four years now I'm finally leaving and probably just in time too. Everything is starting to go downhill - prices are going up, there's less entertainment, it's kinda dirty (plus it's pretty much looked the same since day 1), most of the other bartenders are kinda lazy which was/ is kinda pissing me off. So yeah, they want me to come back to work when I get back home but that'll depend solely on the state of the bar at that time. Cos I like most of the people but its just not the greatest place to work....
Ok, onto other things now. Everyone went back to Uni yesterday after a month of so off and I kinda miss it already (sad face). I dunno, I guess it just feels weird not going to Uni with everyone else. I've got nothing to do now (hence the writing of this post) and no one to hang out with but I'm trying to organise stuff with them while they're on their breaks.
Something kinda related - I have to choose my majors for next year! I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna do. I haven't left myself with many options (not intentionally of course) so it looks like either Journalism major/ PR minor or vice versa. That's it. I can't do TV cos I'm missing this semester's paper plus, I kinda don't wanna do it anymore after last semester. I mean, it's fun and all and it'd be an interesting job but it's just the way that they've organised (or not organised) this specific TV course. So I'm not gonna rule out TV as a job when I leave but it might take me a while to get there ( I probably need to do more networking etc etc or maybe I'll just stumble into it. Who knows?)
Ummmm, right, I'm about to confirm my leaving party for about 20 people which is a pretty good number I think. I just need to call them which I will do right after this.
I got my restricted license today! It's about time - I've had my learners for like, 2 years and for those who don't know you only need to wait like, 6 months before you can move from a learners to a restricted. But yeah, the test was surprisingly easy. It was raining though which didn't really help much but I passed and pretty well too. Apparently just a bit slow on the open road (but it was raining!) I've already planned my first trip by myself - a baby shower/ housewarming in Albany - all I need to figure out is how to get there!
That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment