Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The second bite out of the Big Apple

Why do they call it that anyway? I have no idea. I mean, sure, it's big, but it's not apple like at all.

Right, so, round two in NYC thus far has been a mix of old and new experiences. I'm staying a few blocks from where we were staying for Xmas/ New Years so now I'm pretty much an expert on the area surrounding around 110th and 101st and Broadway but not really anywhere else. That's about the extent of my knowledge of Manhattan.

So the things we re-visited thus far are central park (though it was covered in a thin layer of snow this time), the Guggenheim (but they were in the process of taking down the exhibits that were on during Xmas/ New Years so there wasn't much to see). And sort of the Statue of Liberty although we took the actually ferry instead of the Staten Island one.

New things pretty much include the Met, Battery Park and UN Headquarters.

Also, I'm pretty much running out of things to do here. I mean, really, who would have thought you could run out of things to do in NYC?! Well, sure, there's still the Empire State Building, a Broadway show and a taping of David Letterman but these all cost money. Again, money that I don't have.

Also, on another note, the other day I was just randomly looking on Hostelworld.com for accommodation in DC for the 19th to the 21st (for Obama's inauguration) sort of already knowing that there wouldn't be anything there. But no! Something had come up! And was reasonably priced! That to me is pretty miraculous. So that's it then. I'm gonna be a part of history. Excellent. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about it though. I mean, I'm going to experience such an important moment in history but what am I gonna do to commemorate it? I suppose I should do something... journalistic seeing as that's what I'm meant to be after this year...

Wow, I'll be finished uni next year. That's kinda nuts. I'll be out on my own. No more studying, well, not necessarily but y'know. My plan is to go traveling in 2010 but I'm not sure where or when. Probably Europe seeing as that's where I have a high concentration of friends now. Hopefully that works out slightly cheaper. I dunno. I'll worry about this at a later date I suppose. Not sure why any of this paragraph is in here actually. I just kinda rambled on for a bit. I think I'll stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment