Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The morning after the night before.

So, my first day in Halifax was off to a decent start. The hostel isn't half bad but there aren't many people here. That's off-peak season for you I guess.

I went out walking for a bit and Halifax is actually a pretty quaint place. Still kinda spooky though. The houses are nice but they look like the kind of places which would be haunted...

I also walked to Pleasant Point Park which wasn't that pleasant at all. It was kinda spooky too. Quite possibly the creepiest park I've ever been to. No one was there and I had to keep looking back to see if someone was coming behind me with a chainsaw... Ok, I'm paranoid, so what??

Also, whilst walking back to my hostel/ cafe in the rain my jacket kinda froze. To begin with it was pretty cool but it just got kinda annoying. It was so cold that the rain on my jacket froze in a thin layer of ice! Also, by this time the footpaths were slippery which wasn't great. Especially since I had at least an hours walk to get back to my hostel/ cafe. Luckily though, the path I took was pretty flat but damn, I had to go down this downhill bit and I actually fell over! Fuck that, if it doesn't get better tomorrow I'm leaving! I know I said that last night but I'm being generous here. Plus, I did some research and there isn't much to do in Halifax as such - a few museums and whatnot - and I don't really wanna take a tour of places outside Halifax on my own. I'll probably come back during summer at some point along the way because to be honest, the place seems to be a lot more lively around that time.

Anyways, I have to wait till tomorrow anyway to see if I should go back to Toronto or straight to NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment