Thursday, December 11, 2008

"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

It's all coming to an end. The first four people in our little (or rather, large) exchange family have gone. Two aussie girls and the two English girls have returned to their respective homes and they've left a little void here for the rest of us in Toronto. A couple more have their last night tonight and the large majority of us have our last night in Toronto tomorrow. We're all going our separate ways but we'll always have Toronto. Always.

I may have mentioned it before but a reunion of sorts has been informally organised in Australia for June or July next year which would be amazing!

We've already done the 'you're welcome to come stay with me/ us whenever you're in ________ (insert country name here)' which will be handy in the future ahahahahaha. Of course, I've said the same thing, and I mean it.

I thought I'd be a lot sadder than this right now, but it just feels right. The time has come. It's not goodbye forever though, just indefinitely. The title of this post says it all. You can thank Mr. Churchill for that one. I'm pretty sure I'll see them again. It's not a matter of if, but when. Hopefully in 2010 after I become a fully trained Journalist! That's right! I've been unofficially put into the major that I wanted for my final year of Uni! (Final year?! Oh, god. It feels like I've only just started yesterday!)

I've also layed out a unconfirmed plan for my travels before my flight home which is cool. About time too. I have to book at least some of it by tomorrow before I leave for CUBA! Anyways, here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/5n79gj


Keep in mind that this is just a provisional plan and could change (though most likely, the dates will change, not the places). This seems like quite a lot to fit in to the time that I have left to travel but I think I'm up for the challenge.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment