So, I’m sitting at Toronto airport. Y’know, just chillin as I usually do. I had a flight to New York City this morning. It went well. The flight was delayed three times and then cancelled, after sitting on the plane for about 2 and a half hours. Now I’m sitting at the baggage carousel, waiting for my luggage. Nothing new has come out for about 20 minutes. Best Christmas ever. The next flight out is at 6pm which makes things better though. Hopefully I’ll be on it, luggage and all. This is the first time I’ve had any trouble at the airport and it just happens to be on Christmas Eve; a Christmas present and congratulations on your first Christmas away from home from Toronto. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Right, so after about two hours of waiting at the luggage claim, my bag finally comes though. It’s covered with wet spots from the rain/snow but I don’t care. I don’t care about any of this shit at this point. By now it’s about 3pm. I’ve been at the airport since 6. Now I have to go in search of a new ticket. Hauling my recently acquired 20kg bag around (cos I can’t afford the $2 for a trolley) I literally walk from one end of the terminal to the other trying to find the ticket counter. I manage to get another ticket for a flight which at 5.15 which isn’t too far away, no guarantees it’ll be taking off though. So now I have my new ticket, I’m back at square one. I need to go back through customs and do all that shit. Again. I got a bit hungry as you can probably imagine and airport food isn’t that cheap. Especially for what you’re getting.
It’s been a long day, and I still haven’t left the country yet! I need a drink. ....Fuck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment