I'm assuming you've read the post directly below this so you know how difficult it was for me to get to where I am now. I'm writing this in true New York fashion, sitting on the window sill of my room by the fire escape. The only thing missing really, is the cigarette. Too bad I don't smoke. Besides that, I think I've got this New York lifestyle down-pat. It's not so hard.
But seriously though, NYC is pretty massive. The people here are really friendly too, contrary to popular belief.
Since arriving (late, well, not that late, but still, later than I was originally meant to be there) we've just been wandering around. Xmas day was pretty uneventful as well, only got one present - a bar of chocolate from Grenada which I am still yet to open. We also went to an Italian restaurant for a late lunch/ dinner which was pretty cool. It didn't snow either which was sort of disappointing but there was still snow on the ground which I suppose sort of counts... I didn't really feel like xmas though, to be honest. Sure, there were lots of xmas decorations around but I just couldn't get into the spirit. I don't know why, I guess family makes xmas. That's pretty much all I can put it down too. Also, the fact that I didn't need to buy any presents for anyone this year. I hope you'll all forgive me for that, I kinda can't afford it right now.... (see exchange rate below)
We also checked out part of Central Park and Times Square and had a museum day where we visited the Guggenheim and MoMA which were extraordinary. Some of it wasn't really my kind of thing but I mean, you can't be expected to like EVERY piece of artwork, right?
Also, the exchange rate is killing me right now. As of this morning it's 1NZD to 56 US cents so I'm pretty much paying double. For EVERYTHING.
On a brighter note though, my fake ID is working. 3 out of 3 bars and 1 out of 1 nightclubs (which wasn't that great by the way - drinks were super expensive and everyone was super old. I suppose that's what happens when the drinking age is 21 huh? Also, for those of you who think that me having a fake ID (sorry, a souvenir ID) is wrong, I can justify it by saying that the drinking age at 21 is just stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment