So, my first day back at uni finally arrived today (after about 76 days of holiday). It felt good to get back to study actually but I'm kinda rusty at it right now I think. Anyways, my first and only class today was News and Current Affairs Theory. It seems like it'll be enjoyable and isn't too far away from what I was studying back home. Everyone kinda knew everyone else though (or at least one other person) and I knew no one. I'm sure most of you know that feeling. If you don't I'm sure you can imagine how it is.
The class itself was what you'd expect from a first class - ground rules, syllabus, introductions etc. That itself isn't new or weird but what is is that the lecture and the tutorial are kind of done one after the other which is why classes are like, 3 hours long or so (with a 10 minute break at the halfway point) so that will take some getting used to.
Also, part of the course is like, a 20 minute presentation about one of the key words or people on this list and we have to pair up and do it in front of the class like, 2 every week or whatever. So as soon as the class ended everyone ran up to the sign-up sheet and I was like 'well, I might as well just hang back and just take whatever is left' but when I got there there was nothing. Not even one space left. So obviously I went and spoke with the lecturer and she said that I could maybe do something about NZ news which could be kinda cool. Maybe comparing it to Canadian news or whatever. I still don't have a partner though which kinda sucks but apparently there's one person who didn't show up today so they might be there next week which is ok I guess. Like, I wouldn't mind doing the presentation on my own (just not a 20 minute one) so that's an option. And besides, if I did my presentation on NZ news like, my most likely Canadian partner would be like 'what the hell eh?' and that would make my job a lot harder.
Anyways, that was day one of uni. Not very exciting and also kinda disappointing (solely because of the reason above). Tonight I'm headed out to see a gig at a bar kinda out west which should be kinda cool. I wear glasses so for me it's cheaper. Who knew there wearing glasses had advantages??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glasses discount?
ReplyDeleteAwesome.