Sunday, November 2, 2008

November/ Our time is running out

It's November and to quote one of my favourite songs, yes, 'our time is definitely running out'. Not sure if you realise but this means that I only have about a month of uni left before the end of the year (not including exams). I really don't want this to end. I don't want to say goodbye to anyone here. It's weird but I can't imagine life without them now...

It's November which also means I've been here more than 2 months now. It seems an age since I left New Zealand and so much has happened. I was talking to one of my friends the other day and I told her that this was most definitely the best decision I've ever made in my entire life. God, just listen to me, I'm talking as it today were my last day! But seriously though, there's still so much I haven't done - I haven't been to that medieval restaurant (but I'm gonna try and convince one of the guys to have his birthday there ;) ) and I haven't even been up the CN Tower! I haven't seen a baseball game but I totally missed my chance for that I think and I also haven't been to a hockey match, or a basketball game! (None of which I really give a shit about but y'know, you wanna go just to see what it's like right?) ( Like, when am I ever going to come back?) (Soon I hope).

Anyway, that's about enough of that. In other news, I'm going to see Cute with Chris: Live tonight which is very exciting. If you don't know what it is then I suggest you have a look at it (theres a link over there ----> somewhere on the right). It's something you either like or don't though so...

Novemeber comes right after the end of October which, if you didn't know is Halloween time. For those of you who don't know, this was my first, like, proper Halloween so I was totally kinda amped for it. I dressed up as an Eskimo which, to be honest, was kind of a cop out - I just bought a big jacket (which I needed anyway - it's getting fucking cold out. Though today I was outside in t-shirt and jeans but that's neither here nor there.) a fishing rod and a soft toy fish.

Anyway, yeah, so there were pre drinks in my room which was pretty ridiculous. There must have been about 25 people in there and if you've ever been in my room (which I'm sure none of you have) you'll know that it's not really built for that many people. Possibly about 10-12 comfortably. And any more than 4 is considered a 'fire' risk. I'm surprised actually, that the security guys didn't come up and that I didn't get a fine for the noise. But yeah, there was a parade thing on Church st (which is in the so called 'gay district') which was amazing. So many people! Just imagine my room during pre drinks but instead it was a whole street (does this make sense? I would imagine it might not). After that finished though, the whole night kinda lost momentum. There were a few house parties going on apparently but with us being such a big group it was hard to co-ordinate them (like being back in Montreal!) So after a while I just decided to go back to my room and begin the clean up which actually, didn't take that long but I have like, brown marks on my duvet where one of the girls must have rubbed up against it (she painted hereself brown and went as a Rastafarian).

Saturday night was more of the same really, we headed down to Neil Wycik which is the other student residence just down the street for a kegger. And I'll tell you what, that place was WAY too small for something like that. So I decided to leave that early as well. So, overall, an interesting, yet uneventful Halloween. except for when my camera kinda broke. Now I have to go through all this insurance shit. I just want someone to fix my camera guys. Is that too much to ask?

Also, what the hell am I gonna do with this fishing rod and my now?

Oh, it was also daylight savings today which I wouldn't have know if my laptop hadn't changed automatically.

Oh, yeah, and it was also totally snowing the other day. It was absolutely amazing. I can't wait for winter!

I think that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment